Sunday, August 1, 2010

Off to a good start?

Well here it is Sunday and I still don't have any new art ideas to put in here. It's proving a lot harder than I thought to complete a new piece of art every week. A wife, two kids and the weekend hustle have beaten me down. I will try again later this week (I honestly did do a little work on the fix to the "Fat Cat"). In the meantime, I think I'll put up the last two pieces of digital paint I did, these are from the last few weeks.
   The first one is just a piece I did trying to push my colors out of my comfort zone. I also wanted to keep it feeling fairly flat by collapsing the foreground, middleground and background and by using conflicting perspectives. Having it break out into the border area helps flatten it as well.
 The second piece is an illustration about the fading of the american dream. I have an idyllic little house on a hill, with a car out front and a perfectly manicured yard. I contrasted the image with the aged and cracked paint and the dirty border (I'd always wanted to try and achieve that "cracked paint" look). Anyway that's all for today. I hope I'll have something completely new for my next entry.




No comments:

Post a Comment